Get to Know Smugglers Notch Resort (VT)
The family-friendly Smugglers Notch Resort is surrounded by Vermont’s picturesque Green Mountains, which includes miles of trails for year-round recreation. The location remains one of the most popular skiing destinations during the winter months with trails on three different mountains from which to choose. The slopes accommodate skiers on all levels of experience.
The distance between New Haven and the resort is 263 miles and takes little more than 4.5 hours when driving. Simply get on I-91 North and I-89 North to VT-100 North. Get off of the interstate at exit 10 and continue on VT-100 North to the resort in Smuggler’s Notch State Park.
The regular season spans from December 7 to March 29. Lift ticket prices are as follows:
- Adults 19-64, $62 for half-day, $82 for a full day, $62 for each additional day
- Youth 6-18 and seniors 65 and up-$47 for half-day, $62 for full days and $47 for each additional day
- Children 5 and under ride and ski free all season
Early or late season arrival life ticket fees:
- Adults-$43 half-day, $56 for a full day and $43 for each additional day
- Youth and seniors-$33 for a half-day, $44 for a full day and $33 for each additional day
The resort’s holiday dates include December 26, January 1, January 18-20 and February 15-23. Lift ticket prices during this time:
- Adults-$70 for half-day, $88 for a full day and $70 for each additional day
- Youth and seniors-$54 for a half-day, $68 for a full day and $54 for each additional day
Season and Family passes are also available along with a variety of passes for a specific mountain, Nordic Season and novice skiers.
The resort features five communities that offer shuttle services to the village and the mountains. Condominium options range from studio to five-bedroom accommodations. Besides skiing and snowboarding, guests may enjoy snowmobile tours, tubing, snowshoe hikes and cross-country skiing in addition to indoor activities.